Ann Zimmerman Consulting provides program evaluation, applied social research, and program planning services. Ann consults on programs and projects of all sizes. Below is a list of current and past projects, along with links to publicly available reports and articles.
Ann is passionate about continually seeking ways to communicate about evaluation in everyday language since evaluation lingo can be a barrier to productive collaboration between evaluators and clients. For an example of her approach, view the video and list of resources from a September 2018 webinar on developing meaningful metrics that Ann presented as part of a series hosted by the Science Gateways Community Institute.
Select Current and Past Projects
- External evaluator for NeuroNex MINT (Multimodal Integrated Neuro Technology)
- External evaluator for the Science Gateways Community Institute
- Evaluator for the undergraduate training program for the International Program for the Advancement of Neurotechnology
- Programmatic review of the Virtual School of Computational Science and Engineering
- External evaluator for the National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC)
- Led the survey effort for the Task Force for Envisioning the Next Generation LTER Network Office
- Program planning and evaluation for a proposed interdisciplinary research center (Paper describing center design)
- Formative evaluation of an engaged-learning initiative
- User needs research for SEAD, a knowledge network for collaboration, data curation and discovery (Project report)
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of scientific virtual organizations (e.g., TeraGrid study)
- Facilitation of a large-scale planning process focused on the future of HPC (Planning workshops: 1 and 2)
- Chair of the governance working group for the Long Term Ecological Research Network (Newsletter article describing the outcomes)
Header photo credit: FreeWebPageHeaders.com